Sunday 11 September 2011

Packet #47 - Meanies Hot & Spicy

When perfection is achieved, why change what you've been doing? Many crisp companies are constantly trying to tweak and change the flavour of their crisps to enhance it. Often when the pack in question is quite fine just the way it is. The same goes for bringing out new and EXCLUSIVE flavours. These new flavours are always going to be compared to what has come before. ALWAYS. That's why I was skeptical, worried even, when purchasing this latest pack of Meanies, Hot & Spicy.

Meanies are probably my favourite anytime crisps. So automatically I was going to be extra harsh on the new boys. However, as Peter Falk would have put it, there was just one more thing, they were absolutely DELICIOUS! I've ranted before how crisps mascaraed as hot & spicy so now I'm going to focus on the positive. The balance between the hot and the spice was perfect, it allows a nice flame like sensation to develop in your mouth as you contemplate shoving the next handful of deliciousness into your mouth. The heavy crunch and corny texture we all know and love from the pickled onion bunch carries through here to add even more delight to the pack.

I'm not sure what else I can say. I'm delighted with Meanies Hot & Spicy. So delighted in fact I think I'll go out and buy enough boxes of them to make a new bed for myself. And yes, I will be making bed covers out of the empty packs.

Deano.

2 comments:

  1. Are you as annoyed as I was when I discovered recently that they no longer provide Meanies with heads? It's all just feet/crowns now. What happened? I DEMAND ANSWERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has been very frustrating. The more corn in one Meanie the better the snack. It wont stop me from eating them though. I'll send KP an email and see what the craic is.

    Deano.

    ReplyDelete