Thursday 15 March 2012

Packet #63 - Keogh's Shamrock & Sour Cream

March. And things are changing. The grand stretch is becoming grander, people are giving up things for lent and everything and everyone gets very excited about a Saint called Patrick then drinks loads and falls over. This March has a new thing to get excited over - eating Shamrock flavoured Crisps. Yes, Shamrock.

Sitting in my house as I often do, I decided to eat lunch with some soup and bread when I remembered that I had a big bag of Keogh's Shamrock and Sour Cream in the press. The person I was having lunch with was off crisps for lent, so I took great pleasure in crunching away, extolling the virtues of these Crisps. But was my extolation (?) real or was it just put on to make my lunch partner jealous?.......


REAL! Is the answer. These crisps are splendid - the texture is top and I even spotted that some crisps were stuck together, a fun and delicious accident must of taken place in the Crisping House that day. But what about the flavour, specifically the Shamrock (good question reader, if a little rude). Well, I'm not sure what Shamrock tastes like because I've never eaten any, I don't think. But with Crisps they are delicious, very herby and salty. Apparently this is the same Shamrock that the bloke who lives in that big American house gets every year, y'know, Barack. So it's the finest Shamrock in Ireland, which can only be a good thing.

As I finished the bag and my lunch, my lunching companion was well jealous. So much so that afterwards she was smelling the empty bag post eat. Which is completely normal for Crisp fans who may have given up Crisps for lent - FYI. So congratulations to Keogh's and remember to eat Crisps responsibly on Paddy's day, don't start too early and be sure to have a pint to soak up those Crisps in the tummy.

Mark.

1 comment: