Friday 2 September 2016

Packet #96 - M&S Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Hand Cooked Crisps


I was at a party on Saturday evening. My friend Dutchy handed me a packet of crisps and demanded I review them.

I wanted to do a good job, so I didn’t try them that night at the party. I didn’t even open them when I was hungover the following day. No. I waited until this very Friday The perfect time to try a new packet of crisps.

These are a mix between a posh crisp and a standard crisp. Not quite thick enough to be a craft crisp, but definitely more bite than one of the regular crisps.

The flavour is delicious – very salty with a just a touch more than a hint of vinegar. Not enough vinegar to make your tongue do that weird thing that happens when you have a very vinegary crisp.

When you get to the bottom of the bag, there are lots of little crisps that are extra flavoursome and extra crunchy. It’s a bit like the extra crispy morsels at the end of a bag of chips – a delightful surprise.

Perhaps these little delights were a result of Dutch and myself carrying around the crisps in our bags at the party for so long, or perhaps the crisps were designed that way. Whatever the reason, the outcome was very pleasing.

Any criticisms? They were slightly oily. Perhaps this allows the flavourings to stick onto the crisps better. In that case, a slightly oily crisp is fine by me.

Thank you Marks, Spencer and Dutchy. These crisps were the highlight of my Friday morning.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. These are actually my favourite salt and vinegar crisps. I always get them when in M&S. Worth the extra cost.

    ReplyDelete